Personal Data Collection and Use
Personal Data is collected when it is necessary for the efficient organisation and management of your stay at Ranginui at Lake Tekapo.
Personal Data could include:
- Personal Data that you provide when you make your booking including your name, email address, phone number, home address.
- Sensitive Data could include dietary requirements, medical or mobility requirements, religion-based requirements.
- Financial Data relating to purchase and payment of bookings or tickets credit card or bank account details.
- Personal Data contained in or relating to any communications that you send to us or send through our website (including emails, text messages or social media messaging).
- Any other Personal Data that you choose to send to us.
Please be aware that we are not responsible for any Personal Data that you disclose to third-party companies and we encourage you to carefully read their policies relating to collection, privacy, disclosure, and use of your Personal Data. Note that social media sites may also include links to other websites whose privacy practices differ from those of Ranginui.
Collection of Sensitive Data will only occur with an individual’s consent unless the collection is; required by law to establish, exercise or defend a legal or equitable claim, or; necessary to prevent or lessen a serious or imminent threat to the life or health of the individual who is the subject of the information.
In processing data, Ranginui at Lake Tekapo will take reasonable precautions to protect Personal Data so that it is not misused, lost accessed by unauthorised people, modified or disclosed.
Ranginui takes all reasonable steps to maintain the accuracy of Personal Data it holds and to allow people to access and amend their personal information unless the law does not allow it.
Records containing personal information will be held by Ranginui until there is no longer a need or obligation to retain such records, after which time they will be deleted, destroyed or de-identified.
Anonymous information about your demographics and interests are tracked by the Ranginui at Lake Tekapo website and are used for remarketing the business (e.g. using Google Analytics or Adwords).
Third Party Sites
Ranginui at Lake Tekapo uses Third Party sites to collect data for bookings and ticketing. Data privacy on these sites is governed by their privacy policies.